Friday, May 20, 2011

Five Guys needs a Vegetarian Patty!

I know right?! I couldn't believe Five Guys doesn't serve a vegetarian patty such as Boca, when all they do is burgers (oh, and hotdogs. So why not add a meatless patty to the menu? I have no clue)! Watch my video, then give them your own feedback asking that they put a meatless patty on their menu by clicking here.


To read a sample comment you can send and to read my email, follow the jump

Sample Comment:
It is necessary for me to request that you add a meatless patty to your menu. Boca, MorningStar Farms, and Gardenburger brands all make great options. For an eatery that is so innovative- awarded for it's value and it's flavor, I am surprised that you're not as accomodating as your compitition. BuffaloWild Wings substitutes MorningStar Farms brand Blackbean burgers in ANY dish containing their chicken including wraps and salads, Red Robin will substitute a Boca burger on any of their burgers. Please do not send us to your competition because you can't keep up with their innovations. Your customers expect you
to be on the forefront of value and service. Please add a vegetarian, meatless patty to your menu.


My (way long) Email:
Dear Five Guys,
Five Guys Burgers and Fries was one of the restuarants I enjoyed the most
before I became a vegetarian. After coming home from school, my dad and
brother suggested we go out to eat at Five Guys. I thought I had seen on
your menu that you serve veggie burgers, so I said okay. I even mentioned
it to my coworker, whose daughter is also a vegetarian. She said: "Oh
that'll be fine, they have veggie burgers there." I was quite disappointed
when I went to Five Guys and found out that you do not serve veggie burgers
or Boca brand etc. burgers.
When I asked the manager on duty if they could serve veggie or meatless
burgers, he told me that all menu decisions are made through corporate,
which is why I'm contacting you. He also told me that "people want us to
serve a lot of other things like milkshakes and stuff, but we just can't do
it." I said "Well, it's as simple as putting the box in your freezer," to
which the manager responded: "We actually don't have a freezer."
I understand that Five Guys wishes to keep its focus on burgers. I read the
reason why you don't serve milkshakes on your website, and it makes sense.
I agree, your menu should be appropriate to what you do best, but I
wonder why you ignore accomodating a vegetarian diet? I'm not asking you to
change your menu around. Just like you offer hot dogs, why not offer a
meatless patty? They're cooked on the grill, too. I know that you have the
veggie sandwhich and grilled cheese, but vegetarians like to eat. You try
eating vegetables on bread or just cheese on bread for your dinner after a
long day at work. It doesn't satisfy us, either.
So my question for you is, why not add a meatless patty to your menu? Many
restaurants targeting meat eaters include such items. For example, Buffalo
Wild Wings will substitute MorningStar Farms brand Blackbean burgers in ANY
dish containing their chicken including wraps and salads, Red Robin will
substitute a Boca burger on any of their burgers, and even smaller but
still renound eateries such as Quickie Burger in Ann, Arbor, MI (featured
on the Travel Channel) serve garden burgers. It costs about a dollar per
patty from the grocery store for a meatless burger or garden burger...and
that's not even as cheap as buying in bulk.
For an eatery that is so innovative- awarded for it's value and it's
flavor, I am surprised that you're not as accomodating as your compitition.
I appreciate that you add toppings for free and tell your customers where
the potatos to make the french fries came from on that day. I respect that,
but now, I ask you to take your thoughtfulness and attention what what your
customers want a step further. Please do not send us to your competition
because you can't keep up with THEIR innovations. Your customers expect you
to be on the forefront of value and service- we would expect you to
accomodate ALL dietary needs. Like I said, even my coworker swore that you
served a meatless patty (the next day when I said you apparently never did,
she said 'They must've taken it off the menu!'). Your customers expect the
best from your restaurant. Even us vegetarians.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Live green, not red!

Play PETA's Mario McCruelty game! (SUPER FUN!)